Kirkcudbright History Society was established in 2001 with the aim of promoting and encouraging interest in the history of the town of Kirkcudbright and its immediate environs, and more generally in the former county of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright (Kirkcudbrightshire).
The Society meets monthly from October to March to hear a guest lecturer.
Meetings are held in Kirkcudbright Parish Church Hall, St. Mary St., Kirkcudbright on the second Wednesday of the month, starting at 7.30pm. All are welcome.
See the Programme page for more details.
- to encourage and conduct research into local history topics
- arrange and organise lectures on local history themes
- organise outings to places of interest
- publish or assist in the publication of notes, papers, transcripts and web pages (relating to local history)
- liaise with holders of source material, for mutual benefit
- arrange local history exhibitions
- Chairman: Mike Duguid
- Secretary: Marion Garroch
- Treasurer: Donald Cowell
- Tania Gardner
- David Collin
- David Devereux
- Margaret Scott
- Helen Bowick